What is Cheat Mode?
In the last few snapshots of Minecraft there has been a feature included called ‘Cheat Mode’. This mode allows you to access the chat console that you would normally have access to on an online server and use commands that you can normally use as a server op.
This feature now means that you can do things such as changing game mode (between survival, creative and the upcoming adventure mode) and spawning items (useful if you do not want to switch to creative mode). Below are a list of the commands that you may be able to run:
- gamemode - Switch between Survival, Creative and the upcoming Adventure mode.
- give - Spawn items whilst in any game mode.
- time - Ability to change the time of day.
- toggledownfall - Ability to start and stop rain and snow.
- xp - Provide yourself with any amount of XP points (up to 5000 per command use).
As this is a snapshot release we cannot guarantee that all of the features described here will be included in any future official release of the game. If you have had chance to play on the snapshot version and think that we missed anything here then be sure to let us know.
Do you think that cheat mode is a good idea? Let us know in the comments.